Webspace Sponsored by:
I have not done any work on this part yet... (sorry)
If you have done work, and want me to host it, let me know. If you are hosting it, let me know so I can link to you.
I do not plan on doing any work on reverse engineering this authentication for logging into their Mac OS X Server. My interrest was purely for solving the multiple Mac OS X NetBoot Servers per subnet problem.
The way I see it is this: if you want to authenticate to a Mac OS X Server, then why not get a Mac OS X Server and run it.
- Comments and/or suggestions?: Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org(Realize that I am very busy, and may not have time to respond to all E-mail messages. If you include NETBOOT MACNC (all Caps) as beginning it is more likely to get my attention... ;-)
- DISCLAIMER:With the understandings for the use of a tool comes the responsibility in knowing how to use it without causing damage or harm. A tool can be used for good or evil, and you are responsible for your choice and the consequences of that choice in the use of any tool at your disposal.
- I do not claim this to be free of bugs or defects, and you use this at your own risk.
- I take no responsibility for any user's actions or inactions in following or not following any part or whole of any suggestions found on this page. If any user finds a loss of data, destruction of hardware, Alien Cattle mutilations, sightings of Elvis (ghost or body), loss of sanity, loss of insanity, worldly possessions, or non-worldly possessions as a result of following in part, or in whole any of the preceding or proceeding information, they assume any risks or responsibilities in whole for their decision(s). So, if you break something with one of your decisions that was in part or whole derived from information on this page, do not blame me or find me responsible or accountable for it in any way.
- There should be no charge requested from me to you for this information, and so if you decide that you want any money back for deciding later that you did not really want this information after all, you will need to take that up with the person that charged you money. I will not offer you any compensation for your purchase since I was never compensated by you.`
- It should be restated that *you* take all of the risks, and assume all of the responsibility for following, in part or in whole any information obtained from this document. I do not care if your dog continuously barks at you, or the sky becomes too blue, or nuclear war breaks out as a result of you following any of this information. It will all be your fault since you assume all of the risks, so neeener, neeener-neeeener. :-P
- (C)1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004 By Michael Egan extended to all works not explicitly credited to other people within these documents. Permission to duplicate content on these pages not explicitly credited to others is granted so long as you give me credit for the work I have contributed and links are provided to refer to this original site if it is still available. I cannot extend permission to you to re-re-publish quoted words from people who have submitted solutions, posed questions or added clarification. If you wish to use their content, you should contact each person for permission to re-re-publish their included comments. (I have retained their permission, but never asked to extend it for others.)
- (C)1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004 By respective noted authors/admins for included questions or answers. Permission to publish their comments granted to me for this website. I cannot grant permission for you to duplicate their work as I am not in control of any copyrights they may retain. (I expect, most would be fine with allowing their content to be republished, but I cannot speak for them.)
- Apple Computers is a registered trademark of Apple computers.
- Macintosh OS X, Macintosh OS 8, Mac OS X, Mac OS 8, Mac OS 9 All refer to Operating Systems created and controlled by Apple Computers. (No disk image files for net booting, or other proprietary programs legally controlled by Apple are available for download from this collection of pages made by me. No links are knowingly created on these pages that direct users to other pages that offer copyrighted software being distributed illegally. If you find a link on pages with this diclaimer that take you to a site that offers software that is illegally offered, feel free to let me know so that I may update my links to not include them.)
- Other mentioned systems and products may be owned, patented, copyrighted, trademarked, or in some way legally controlled by their respective owners.
- This information is provided with intent to inform users of protocols, procedures used in Net Booting a Macintosh Client, and solutions to the problems defined in this document.
- If you have complaint about content provided, and wish to have trademark, copyright, patent, or other legal information explicitly provided here where a product you produce is listed, or have other complaints about this that may be legal, let me know before calling your lawyer: I am flexible.